If you love flexibility and lots of coffee then coffee makers with removable water tank will be your best option
If you love your coffee, there is a high chance you have a coffee maker either at home or the office. You know how very convenient coffee makers with removable water tank are to have around. They are life-savers in many situations especially when you need a nice brew ASAP.
Here is the thing though, if you don’t have a coffee maker with a removable water tank, you are missing out on a lot. Just think about all the good a coffee machine with a detachable water tank can do.
In the first place, having a coffee maker with removable water tank offers a lot of flexibility as far as refilling the water tank goes. You simply remove the water tank and fill it up with water. You don’t have to take the coffee machine with you.
Also, with this type of coffee maker, you avoid the problem of the coffee grind getting into the reservoir. That happens a lot with fixed water reservoirs.
And of course, cleaning the water reservoir becomes a whole lot less stressful since you can detach it from your coffee machine.
Like most products, coffee makers come in various shapes and sizes. It could be daunting to choose a good one from so many sleek-looking products on sale.
This review would present some of the best coffee makers with a removable water reservoir. This would make life easier when you decide to purchase one or upgrade to a better one.
But first what are the things you ought to consider before getting one?
Things to consider before choosing a coffee maker with removable water tank
- A coffee maker that comes with a grinder is a good idea. This is even important if you are keen on coffee that is freshly ground.
- Make sure it has a thermal carafe to keep your brew hot for a long time
- Water filters to help remove unnecessary particles from the water
- It must be capable of shutting down automatically when it is done brewing
- Modern coffee makers are programmable. You can program it to brew some for you at certain times of the day when you are too busy to do it yourself.
10 Coffee Makers with Removable Water Tank
1. Ninja Coffee Bar
The Ninja Coffee Bar is an amazing coffee machine with several exciting features. This single-serve, glass carafe machine comes with hot and cold frothing features
Apart from that, you get a lot of unique coffee recipes to make and enjoy.
Other features include a built-in frother, a Thermal Flavor Extraction technology, Hot and cold Multi-Serve Tumbler, and several custom brews to add variety to your daily coffee.
The Thermal Flavor Extraction technology is an advanced feature that lets you enjoy the whole flavor of your ground coffee. This ensures you get the best out of regular looking coffee.
Ninja Coffee Bar’s Custom brews include the Specialty and Carte Forte. The Carte Forte ramps up what makes your coffee different from others while the Specialty brew helps you created rich, concentrated brews that go well with frothed milk.
With all these features, you’d expect this coffee maker to set you back a bit. It is pricey as a matter of fact. But if you want a product this good, shelling out the asking price shouldn’t be a problem.
- Can brew hot or cold coffee
- It has a built-in frother
- It is programmable up to 6 different brew sizes
- Coffee remains fresh for a long time
- It can brew coffee fast
- Coffee doesn’t stay hot for long in the thermal carafe
- Cleaning the filter can take up too much time
- The single-cup mode doesn’t brew coffee optimally
2. Russell Hobbs CM7000S 8 Cup Coffee maker
The Russell Hobbs CM7000S 8 Cup Coffee Maker is a modern, sleekly designed coffee maker that should be a great addition to your kitchen appliances.
The removable tank coffee maker comes with a unique ‘Sneak-A-Cup’ feature and a ‘Keep warm function.’ It also has a 2-hour automatic shut-off and a removable brew basket for easy cleaning
Sneak-A-Cup is perfect if you can’t wait for a sip of your excellent coffee. With this feature, you can grab a cup before the machine hasn’t finished brewing.
You would also love the ‘Keep Warm’ that ensures hot coffee is always at hand when you are ready for it.
For a simple and basic coffee maker, you might balk at the price. But then, simplicity can be the best if you love an uncluttered, uncomplicated life. Besides, it is so cute.
- It brews coffee fast
- Makes excellent coffee
- It is easy to clean
- Keeps coffee warm for long
- The auto-shutoff is great as a safety option
- Not stainless steel as advertised
- The coating on the heating plate wears off easily
3. Mr. Coffee Optimal Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker
The Optimal Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker from Mr. Coffee is a sturdily-designed, practical coffee maker.
That said, it also features some of the latest in coffee maker technology. Some of these include a ‘Delay Brew’ function, Gold Tone permanent filter, scalding hot brewing temperature, and a ‘Pause and Serve’ function among others.
The Delay Brew lets you program the machine to brew ahead and have a cup waiting when you want. Combined with the ‘Freshness Timer’ your coffee is guaranteed to be optimally fresh all day long.
The bother of replacing the filter is eliminated with the Gold Tone filter. This is a permanent filter that would remove 97% of chlorine in the water to make your brew taste considerably better.
For a coffee maker with so many features, this machine punches above its weight in terms of the price. It’s relatively cheap when placed side by side with similar products.
- Brews coffee up to 20% faster
- Richer-tasting coffee due to very high brew temperature
- Has auto-shutoff
- Easy to clean filter basket and water tank
- Stainless steel thermal carafe
- No hinge on the lid of the water reservoir
- Beeper is too loud
4. Hamilton Beach 46205 Programmable Coffee Maker
The Hamilton Beach 46205 Programmable Coffee Maker packs everything you’d desire in a modern coffee maker with a removable water tank. It is sleek, attractive, very functional and easy to maintain.
Under that sleek exterior are premium features to match. These include a rotating base, programmable clock, adjustable brewing options, auto pause and serve, adjustable warmer plate and brew basket release button.
With the rotating base, you can easily access the water reservoir at the back by swiveling it. This ensures you don’t have to lift your coffee maker each time you want to fill the water tank.
The brew basket release button is a fantastic function on this coffee maker. Filling the brew basket is just a matter of touching a button and out pops the basket to be filled with your favorite coffee grounds.
Pound for pound, this coffee maker from Hamilton Beach is arguably the best bargain for the money. The combination of functionality and low price is what makes it a great buy anytime
- It is programmable with auto-shutoff
- It is sturdy and durable
- Large capacity; up to 12 cups
- Can keep coffee at required temperature all day
- Three options for brew strength
- Carafe can’t be drained entirely due to a plastic ring around the rim
- Replacement carafes do not fit
5. Capresso 498.05 MT900 Rapid Brew Coffee Maker
Add a shiny, sleek, stainless steel coffee maker to your countertop with Capresso’s 498.05 MT900 coffee maker. Capable of brewing 10 cups, this removable water tank machine can give you a rich, less bitter coffee in less than 7 minutes.
The unit comes with a reusable gold-tone filter, stainless steel vacuum thermal carafe, programmable clock, and timer. The 50-oz water tank means making coffee for a group wouldn’t be a repetitive choir.
The stainless steel heating system ensures water never comes in contact with the aluminum making it rust or corrosion-free. This also guarantees coffee brewing at the optimal temperature.
An extra-large-sized ‘shower-head’ in the unit ensures the coffee grounds are saturated evenly. The result of this is an almost perfect flavor extraction for each cup of coffee you make.
Compared to similar products, the Capresso 498.05 MT900 Rapid Brew would cost you quite a bit. You would be getting a stainless steel coffee maker that works brilliantly though.
- Beautiful sleek design and sturdy
- Brews coffee very fast
- No need for paper filters
- It is straightforward to use
- Programmable timer to set brew periods
- It doesn’t beep a reminder after brewing
- Very noisy during brewing
6. Zojirushi EC-YTC100XB Coffee Maker
The EC-YTC100XB coffee maker from Zojirushi announces its class and pedigree in a sleek black and stainless steel design. The machine brews excellent coffee at an optimal 200°F while the stainless steel carafe makes sure it stays hot for a long time.
It comes with a removable tank that is quite easy to remove making filling with water and cleaning a breeze.
Other unique features include a pre-infusion cycle, steel mesh coffee filter, vacuum-insulated stainless steel carafe, and a time-saver mode.
In a hurry to get somewhere or running late for a meeting? The time-saver is there to deliver your coffee piping hot by reducing brewing time.
The functionality for brewing iced coffee stands it apart from other coffee makers. It can adjust the coffee-water ratio to ensure your brew is just perfect when ice is added.
If you think the previous coffee maker was a bit steep, you’d better be prepared to go higher in terms of price with this one. But, with all the excellent features, it would turn out to be money well-spent.
- Permanent, reusable mesh filter
- Swing basket and filter are easy to access for cleaning
- Keeps coffee hot for long with vacuum insulated stainless steel carafe
- Properly moisturizes coffee ground before brewing
- Strong and durably-designed
- Coffee maker not as good as previous models
- Brewing temperature is a bit of a disappointment
7. Cuisinart DCC-300 Coffee-on-demand 12-Cup Programmable coffee maker
Cuisinart’s DCC-300 is a simple-to-use coffee maker with a removable water reservoir. The reservoir is double-walled to keep the water hot and ready for brewing hot coffee at any time.
A charcoal-based water filter is incorporated into the unit. Other unique features are a gold-tone filter, drip tray plate, and coffee gauge.
Also worth mentioning are the clean setting prompt, dispenser lever, showerhead and backup functionality in case of power loss.
To keep the coffee maker in a pristine state for as long as possible, the ‘clean setting’ prompts you to clean the coffee maker when it is time.
You’d also love the charcoal-based filter. It’s an environmentally-friendly feature that removes bad taste, odors, and chlorine from tap water before brewing and dispensing your coffee.
Cuisinart’s DCC-300 is the sort of coffee maker to purchase if you don’t have enough spare cash to buy the other costlier brands. The relatively cheaper unit doesn’t compromise on quality though.
- Responsive customer service
- It is early programmable and brewing time adjusted in advance
- Simple design and easy to use
- 60 seconds power-loss protection to save programmed settings
- The front gauge shows the number of coffee cups left
- Complicated design of coffee holder makes it hard to clean
- Many complaints about malfunction from users
8. Ninja Coffee Bar Countertop Coffee Brewer
This coffee maker from Ninja is suitable for your kitchen, a coffee bar and any place in between. The multi-serve coffee maker with removable water tank is big enough to match any occasion.
It has a dial to choose the type of cup you or anybody wants from a simple cup to a travel mug. The thermal carafe unit also comes with a thermal flavor extraction function that lets users, by simply using a dial, choose the kind of coffee flavor they want.
Some standout features include the easy control panel, stainless steel carafe, gold-tone filter, auto-shutoff, and ‘auto IQ one-touch’ intelligence system.
The ‘auto IQ one-touch’ intelligence ensures only the right amount of water is used for your grounds. That way you never get to drink watery or too bitter coffee.
The brew type settings on the easy control panel give you four different flavors of coffee depending on your choice. For instance, the specialty brew is a rich, concentrated brew in the style of classic coffee houses or bars.
Compared to the previous brands featured here, this Ninja model ranks in the top tier price range. That is not surprising considering the size, features, and functionalities.
- Control panel is easy to understand
- Specialty brew makes the highest concentration of coffee
- Stainless steel carafe improves durability
- Automatic shut-off function a good safety feature
- Beautifully designed coffee maker
- Relatively expensive
- No heating plate to keep coffee hot for long
9. Aicok Single Serve Coffee Maker
Aicok Single Serve Coffee maker is the go-to unit if you want something lightweight to make coffee on your travels. The coffee maker with a detachable water tank is also handy to have beside your bedside or on your office table.
It is a plastic coffee maker with a simple design structure that includes a wider spout, removable drip tray, 12 oz water reservoir, and an auto-shutoff feature.
Though it looks small, the water reservoir can give up to five regular cups of brew. It is also easy to remove and refill it with water or to clean.
The dial is easy to get the hang of in keeping with the simplicity of this coffee maker. It has a one-touch button to indicate when coffee is brewing and shuts off automatically when it is done brewing.
This simple coffee maker put a relatively smaller dent on your credit/debit card. Comparatively, it is about the cheapest of the lot featured here. That shouldn’t detract from the fact it is a good basic coffee maker.
- Simple and very easy to use
- A very portable unit
- Impressive 24 months warranty
- Relatively cheap
- It is very durable
- Too low for decent-sized cups or mugs to fit in
- Would have done with a couple more features
10. Black + Decker 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker
Like all the products featured here, Black + Decker Programmable coffee maker is sleek, well-designed with a removable water tank. And like a modern coffee maker, it is easily programmed to set brew times and activate the auto brew feature.
It comes with a brew strength function to aid you to customize your brews depending on how strong you want them.
Other features are the ‘Evenstream’ showerhead, auto clean system and the ‘Perfect Pour Carafe.’
The Perfect Pour Carafe ensures your brewed coffee doesn’t spill on your countertop while dispensing coffee or drip coffee after you have removed your mug. That saves a lot of time in constantly cleaning up.
The ‘Auto Clean’ feature is precisely what you need from a decent coffee maker. It is an efficient self-cleaning feature that removes mineral buildup in the unit.
And guess what? It is the cheapest coffee maker in the lot featured here. Good thing though, this is one time you get a decent product at a bargain price.
- The water tank has clear level markings
- Carafe plate keeps coffee hot for up to 2 hours
- Has auto-shutoff feature for safety
- The filter basket is easy to clean
- Not costly
- Glass Carafe is sturdy
- Makes too much noise
- Takes time to brew a full pot
- Does not keep coffee hot all day
There you have it, ten good coffee makers with a removable water tank that should give you the best brew at any time of the day. Once you’ve tried coffee makers with detachable tanks, you’d wonder why you never cottoned on to them sooner.
It is essential that before you make your purchase, make sure the model or brand has the features you want. The time you waste to double check and read reviews is worth more than its weight in gold.
Getting a defective product or something you never bargained for is no fun at all. Shipping the product back can add extra expenses, and there is no guarantee the replacement would be good enough. That is assuming the manufacturer bothers to give you the time of day.
The helpful tips at the top of this review would do for starters. At the end of the day, what joy you derive from your coffee maker might rest on the extra effort you put into researching the product before ordering for them.