- 1. Jameson Irish Coffee Recipe
- 1.1. What is the taste of Irish Coffee?
- 1.2. A Classic Jameson Irish Coffee Recipe
- 1.3. Irish Coffee Cocktail
- 1.4. Dead Rabbit Irish Coffee
Jameson Irish Coffee Recipe
Irish Coffee also known as caife Gaelach. It has a pretty good Tale. It is a popular alcoholic caffeinated coffee beverage. This drink was invented by airport chef Joe Sheridan in the 1940s. He worked at the little Foynes airport near Limerick. He whipped it up one rainy winter night for passengers whose plane had got turned around due to a storm.
It consists of a mixture of black coffee, Irish whiskey, brown sugar, and cream – This should not be whipped, according to the original recipe.
As the name says, Irish Coffee originates from Ireland, the drink has now become popular throughout the world. Irish Coffee can be consumed in large amounts since it has a smaller amount of alcohol.
What is the taste of Irish Coffee?
Irish Coffee has a taste of a smooth cup of coffee with a dash of whiskey. The cream on top allows a small amount of cream in every sip of coffee. This makes this cocktail very tasty and easy to drink. Irish coffee can also be made with other alcohol additions like Jameson, Kahlua, or Baileys. However, these liqueurs will change the taste of Irish Coffee. Traditional Irish coffee is made with Irish Whiskey, not cream liqueurs.
In today’s world where everyone is so conscious about their health, sugar is left out or replaced with a sugar substitute to get the added sweetness. It was said that without sugar, the cream will settle to the bottom instead of floating on top. Then it was discovered that the cream needed to be frothed in order to produce the consistency needed to float.
Irish Festival Serves Up Perfect Irish Coffee. It can be enjoyed at festivals like St. Patrick’s Day or just after dinner drink. Or one of the perfect ways to relax on chilly evenings is with Bailey’s Coffee in front of the fire and get cozy with your loved ones.
Variations of Jameson Irish Coffee Recipe
There are several variations in the preparation process that can alter the flavor of this warming beverage. It can be mixed with different types of coffee or served with ice, and whiskey can be replaced with some other spirit.
The Jameson Irish Coffee Recipe is a stirred cocktail. Jameson Irish Whiskey is a blended Irish Whiskey. It has a light floral fragrance, peppered with spicy wood. The perfect balance of spicy, nutty and vanilla notes with hints of sweet sherry and perfect smoothness.
It has a mellow flavor and this makes it easy to sip straight or in drinks. This alcohol almost became extinct in the 1960s, and Irish whiskey is a survival success story.
When Can Jameson Irish Coffee be consumed?
Irish Coffee can be consumed in the morning or at brunch. Many restaurants even offer these coffee cocktails on the breakfast or brunch menu. Since this drink offers a healthy dose of caffeine in it, most people prefer to drink Irish Coffee earlier in the day. It can also be consumed in the afternoon. Be careful when drinking this Jameson Irish Coffee in the evening, it could keep you jumping all night long.
The Irish coffee mug is special, they have a nice handle and are designed to handle the heat.
A Classic Jameson Irish Coffee Recipe
A smooth rich Irish coffee with Jameson whiskey for a truly authentic Irish whiskey. Real cream floats over the top adding its own indulgent touch.
- 1.5 oz. Jameson Whiskey
- 4 oz. freshly brewed coffee
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 oz. heavy cream-lightly whipped
Method of Preparation
- Brew up a pot of your favorite coffee.
- Whisk the heavy whipping cream lightly. It needs to remain a thick frothy liquid that easily pours over the top. set aside.
- Pour the coffee into an 8 oz. Irish coffee mug (or any 8 oz. heatproof mug you prefer)
- Add the brown sugar and Irish Whiskey
- Stir until the sugar is completely melted.
- Pour the thickened cream over the hot coffee mixture.
- And Enjoy!
Drink the coffee right through the cream for the perfect effect. You can use any topping you prefer or none at all. However, the cream is a part of this recipe. Not just a garnish.
Irish Coffee Cocktail
- 1 cup hot water
- 2-3 teaspoons light brown sugar
- ¾ cup brewed black coffee (6 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons Irish whiskey 1 shot
- ¼ cup of heavy whipping cream (for topping)
- optional garnish: chocolate shavings 24 karats edible gold, green shamrock sprinkles
Method of Preparation
- Brew a pot of good quality strong coffee
- Meanwhile, whip the heavy cream (¼ cup makes one creamy coffee drink) in a mixing bowl, with an electric mixer or by hand, and whisk the cream until soft peaks form. The cream should be thick but still pourable.
- Fill the footed mug with hot water and let sit for 1 minute. Pour out hot water and add brown sugar to your mug. Pour in hot coffee till the glass is ¾ full and stir to dissolve sugar, then pour in the whiskey.
- Top with cream by gently pouring over the back of a warm spoon to form a thick layer on top of the coffee.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings, edible gold leaf (use a toothpick to place it), or fun green shamrock sprinkles on top of the thick cream.
Dead Rabbit Irish Coffee
- 1 ½ Ounce Jameson original blended Irish whiskey
- 1 1/2 ounces Jameson original blended Irish whiskey
- 4 ounces of freshly brewed coffee
- 2 cups Demarara sugar
- Fresh, barely whipped cream
- Freshly grated nutmeg
Method of Preparation
- To make Demerara syrup, blend two cups of Demarara sugar with one cup of boiling water. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Cool and store in the refrigerator until needed.
- Pour 4 ounces of freshly brewed coffee into an IRISH COFFEE MUG.
- Add 1/2 ounce of the Demerara syrup and stir.
- Add 1 1/2 ounces of Irish whiskey.
- Gently pour a thin layer of whipped cream from a small pitcher over the back of a SPOON and float the cream over the coffee.
You can also check,
Also, you can foodiewish.com for more food-related blogs.