10 Romantic Valentine Ideas for Coffee Lovers, A Dedication To True Love. Being a coffee connoisseur is no easy task. To stay committed to your love for this potent, bitter liquid, you need to be at the top of your game, always. So take a look at some romantic ideas that are linked to coffee.
As Valentine’s Day fast approaches, it presents couples an opportunity to express love to their significant others and loved ones. Lovers and couples are often faced with the challenge of having to think creatively and prepare a sweet Valentine’s treat for each other.
Although it is traditionally known to be a day of romance, it does not stop there. Couples tend to engage in various activities to make the day a memorable one for each other. Similarly, coffee lovers also participate in several events, from coffee dates to coffee gifts, and many more.
Here, you will find some romantic and memorable Valentine’s Day gifts and ideas for coffee lovers. These ideas and tips are a perfect way to make your loved ones and those you care about feel special.
- 1. Begin With Breakfast
- 2. Mocha Coffee Sodas for Two
- 3. Caramel Coffee
- 4. Hot Chocolate Marshmallow Coffee
- 5. Butterscotch Coffee
- 6. Red Velvet Latte
- 7. Coffee Date
- 8. Buy a Gift for Your Lover
- 9. A Coffee Subscription
- 10. Brew: Better Coffee at Home
- 11. Go Coffee Shop/Café Hopping to Your Favorite Spots!
- 12. Closing Thoughts
Begin With Breakfast
Without a doubt, there is nothing like waking up in the morning to a surprise breakfast in bed. It is even more lovely when you are being served coffee along with your breakfast.
This is why it is our first Valentine’s day gift idea. The aroma of the coffee, coupled with a delicious breakfast served first thing in the morning on Valentine’s Day, will be one of the sweetest memories you can create for your lover.
The recipes below are easy to make and affordable yet capable of creating memories that will last a lifetime for your lover at Valentine’s. Find below some excellent romantic coffee drinks you can choose from when considering this idea.
Mocha Coffee Sodas for Two
Start Valentine’s Day morning with Mocha Coffee Sodas for Two. It is creamy, frothy, and rich, making it a perfect blend of coffee and dessert all in one.
- 8 ounces of intense black, cold coffee
- Two scoops of premium chocolate ice cream
- Four tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- Two tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 ounces of cold seltzer water
- Dark chocolate shavings or milk and chocolate curls
- Pour 4 ounces of coffee into two chilled glasses
- Add to each glass, one tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder and stir moderately
- Add to each glass, two tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- Pour into each glass, 4 ounces of cold seltzer water and gently stir
- Place one large scoop of chocolate ice cream into each glass. Then, fill each of the glasses with more seltzer water
- Garnish each soda with chocolate curls and shavings
Caramel coffee is a coffee drink that comes with a fantastic taste and is capable of creating lovely memories when served on a bed. It is a blend of two of the most like ingredients, which are caramel and coffee.
- One and a half cups of milk
- 1 cup of hot water
- 4 tbsp of instant coffee
- Half a cup of caramel syrup
- Whipped cream
Note: You can make use of readymade caramel syrup or make it yourself by following the quick recipe below:
- One packet of brown sugar
- 4 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1tsp of vanilla extract
- Half a cup of heavy cream
- Add cream and sugar into a saucepan and mix it using a wooden spoon
- Next, add butter to the mixture and wait until it melts completely and then stir continuously
- Add to the mix in the saucepan a pinch of salt
- Remove the saucepan from the stove and then add vanilla extract
- Always make use of a wooden spoon since it crystallizes quickly.
- Add milk and water in a saucepan over moderate heat
- Add your instant coffee to the mixture in the saucepan and stir for a while
- Next, pour the mixture into a cup and add two spoons of caramel sauce to the cup
- Although it doesn’t require sugar, you can add sugar to make it sweeter.
- Finally, garnish it with whipped cream and then add more sauce and coffee over it.
Hot Chocolate Marshmallow Coffee
This recipe is a combination of two fantastic winter picks, which are coffee and hot chocolate. It is undoubtedly going to create the kind of memories you want and leave your lover wanting more.
- Half a cup of freshly brewed coffee
- 4 tbsp of hot chocolate powder
- 2 cups of milk
- Marshmallow whip
- Mix the coffee with milk on a heated stove
- Add hot chocolate powder to the mix and stir it for about two minutes
- Pour the mix into a cup and then garnish it using marshmallow whip
- Pour some hot chocolate or coffee powder on top of the marshmallow whip and then serve it hot
Butterscotch coffee is yet another delicious recipe that you can make for your loved one on Valentine’s day.
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup of hot water
- 4 tbsp of instant coffee
- 3 tbsp of butterscotch syrup
- Whipped cream
- Heat the milk and then add water to it
- Just before it starts to boil, add your instant coffee to it
- Next, remove it from the stove and add butterscotch syrup
- However, you don’t need to add sugar since the butterscotch syrup is sweet. However, if you want it to be sweeter, you can add your desired quantity of sugar
- Finally, pour the drink into a large coffee mug and pour some whipped cream on top.
- Besides, you can garnish the drink by cutting and adding pieces of toffee to it.
Red Velvet Latte
The red velvet latte is just the perfect drink you can make on Valentine’s Day morning for your lover. This coffee drink is easy to prepare and has a red-coloured appearance. Even more, it can be served hot or cold.
- Half cup of Dakota Roast blend brewed coffee
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- Three drops of red food colouring
- Half a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Half a cup of chocolate morsels
- Whipped cream for garnishing
- Add the sugar and milk to a saucepan and place it to simmer on medium heat
- Stir gently until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and then stir in the chocolate until it has completely melted
- Add vanilla, coffee, and food colouring, and stir continuously
- Finally, garnish the drink with chocolate morsels and whipped cream
Another romantic Valentine’s Day idea is for you and your partner to go on a coffee date.
The increasing hustle and bustle we face every day can sometimes make us lose touch with our loved ones.
A Valentine’s coffee date serves as a suitable way of catching up on lost time and spending quality time together. Invite your lover to a Valentine day Day-themed treat and then use that moment, to create lovely memories for each other.
To further spice up your coffee date, you can decide to play a “do you know me” coffee quiz. You can take turns asking each other about your coffee preferences. Here are some questions you can ask yourselves when playing the game:
- Why do I like coffee?
- Does coffee perk me up or make me relax?
- How many cups of coffee do I like to drink daily?
- Do I prefer individually owned or chain coffee shops?
- Which do I like most iced and hot coffee?
- Which do I like most mocha and caramel flavours?
- Which do I like most among French press, espresso, drip, K-cups, instant coffee, and cold brew?
Buy a Gift for Your Lover
As Valentine’s Day approaches, lovers often face the challenge of having to choose a suitable gift item from several available options. It is even more difficult if you have to choose a perfect gift for your lover who loves coffee.
To this end, here are 10 Valentine’s Day gift ideas for that special coffee lover in your life.
A Coffee Subscription
A Coffee subscription is a service where subscribers are sent coffee periodically in exchange for a subscription fee. Buying a coffee subscription box for your lover will not only make them try new and fresh coffee blends. It will also help them save the cost and time which would have been spent on going to a coffee shop.
For example this Bean Box Gourmet Coffee subscription service. Every month they will handpick 4 coffee beans to send to you for trying out. This way your significant other will be able to enjoy, taste and discover a lot of different coffee beans! This is a long-lasting gift that will keep the special moment going on and on.
Coffee subscriptions are high-quality services, and as such, you can be sure of buying your lover a gift worth remembering. Besides, you can choose to buy a subscription that can last for a few weeks or even an entire month.
If your lover likes cold brew coffee, then the Fred Cool Beans coffee ice tray is a perfect choice. This tray will allow them to store their ice cubes and make use of it each time they want to enjoy their cold brew.
Additionally, this ice tray will create a long-lasting memory in their hearts and continue to remind them of the love you both share. This is because each time they take ice cubes out of the tray, they will always remember it was a Valentine’s Day gift from you.
Different coffee lovers have several ways they use to enjoy their favourite cup of coffee. While some make use of instant coffees, others brew it themselves. On the other hand, some buy it from their favourite coffee shops or even combine all the options.
Without a doubt, coffee shops and cafes brew quality coffee drinks, which may range from lattes to espresso and many others. Although buying coffee in some shops is relatively affordable, you can help your lover save costs by buying him or her a coffee maker.
Interestingly, coffee machines come in different sizes and prices. Therefore, irrespective of your budget, you will always find a coffee machine to buy. A coffee machine will not only make your lover brew coffee quickly; it will also create a lasting memory for them.
A Coffee Gift Card
A gift card prepaid stored-value money card issued by a retailer to be used as an alternative to cash for making purchases in a particular shop. However, in this case, it is for making purchases in a coffee shop.
You can shop for some Valentine’s day gift cards here!
Since it is a personalized gift option, you are guaranteed your lover will be spending it on what matters to him or her, which is coffee. You must, however, ensure you get a gift from your lover’s favourite store.
Besides, who doesn’t like shopping? This gift option on Valentine’s Day will create lovely memories about you for your lover even after Valentine’s.
If you are considering giving your coffee lover a personalized Valentine’s gift that won’t get old, then a customized one is just perfect. Getting that special one a cup or mug of coffee that will carry their picture is an excellent way of creating lasting memories during Valentine’s. There are quite a lot of companies that are capable of offering such a service. Find a brand of your choice and select a suitable cup size and then customize it with a special message or picture that means a lot to him or her.
Although a travel coffee mug might not look like so much a big gift, it is one every coffee lover will appreciate. With this travel mug, your lover can always get to enjoy his or her favourite coffee while they are travelling. This travel coffee mug helps to keep the coffee hot as well as prevent spills and burns.
Brew: Better Coffee at Home
Since coffee brewing is an art, it means it will require one to learn the technique and skill needed to brew delicious coffee. It is every coffee lover’s dream to become an expert brewer either for personal or commercial purposes.
Therefore, what other gifts will be more suitable for your coffee-loving special one? Buying him or her a book containing several proven techniques and instructions to help him or her brew coffee like an expert is certainly a worthy Valentine’s gift.
This book will explain everything there is to know about various coffee varieties, origins, roast types, coffee beans, and much more. It is a great gift for anyone who is interested in coffee and willing to gain more knowledge.
One of the options out there for a coffee container is the MOICO stainless steel coffee container. It can ensure an airtight concealing. Not letting in the air, preserving the aroma and taste of the beans for a much longer time.
Buy Shirts or Other Accessories Showing Love for Coffee
Another lovely Valentine’s Day gift option is to buy a shirt or other accessories like caps, a diary, a necklace, and so on, showing love for coffee. Such gifts will not only make your lover happy and feel loved; they will also serve as a means of remembering you even after Valentine’s.
Go Coffee Shop/Café Hopping to Your Favorite Spots!
Our final suggestion for a romantic Valentine’s Day idea for your coffee lover is to go to a coffee shop or restaurant hopping with your lover.
You will simply make a list of all your favourite coffee shops or those shops you would like to visit. Also, you can make a list of your favourite recipes or coffee you will love to try out. After making a list, you can then take your lover and go visiting each of the shops one after the other.
Besides, you can also take advantage of the ambience of the coffee shop and say those words you’ve always wished to say to your lover.
Overall, Valentine’s Day is a day to show love and create memories that will last even after the day. With our guide on various Valentine’s Day romantic ideas, you are guaranteed to create a lasting memory for your lover. Although we have identified several ideas, you can choose one idea or better still, combine two or more ideas to show that special person how much you love him or her.
Coffee is a cool way of expressing your love especially if your partner is a coffee enthusiast. We hope you had a great time reading and picked up some good tips that you can now work on. You will find many more coffee-inspired articles on our website.