Starbucks Iced Coffee Recipe That You Can Make Right At Home. Why visit the store and pay double for something that you can easily make at home yourself? Take a look at this wonder recipe that we have for you and you will certainly be amazed at how easy it is to whip up.
Starbucks Iced Coffee Recipe
- 1.1. How is Iced Coffee different from other Cold Coffee Beverages?
- 1.2. What kind of Coffee does Starbucks use for its Iced Coffee recipe?
- 1.3. Preparing the Starbucks Iced Coffee at home.
- 1.4. A few tips while preparing a Starbucks Iced Coffee recipe.
- 1.5. Conclusion on Starbucks Iced Coffee Recipe
Starbucks Iced Coffee Recipe
A Starbucks coffee is one of the most suitable ways to cool you down and enjoy, during this scorching summer heat. The hot brewed coffee is first prepared and then poured over ice. The more ice the better it is. It is served with syrup to sweeten it. Starbucks offers a great choice of iced coffee types on its menu.
The Starbucks Iced coffee recipe is a hot brewed coffee that is cooled and served with ice cubes and a syrup sweetener. It is pretty easy to make and you can use the same coffee you use to make your regular hot coffee every morning.
How is Iced Coffee different from other Cold Coffee Beverages?
The Starbucks Iced Coffee recipe involves the preparation of a hot brewed coffee poured over ice cubes.
However Iced coffee tastes more acidic than hot coffee, which makes it not a very soothing drink for people with sensitive tummies. It also can taste very watery at times because the drink gets diluted as the ice cubes melt in the drink.
Unlike iced coffee, cold-brewed coffee does not use heat to extract the coffee. This helps make the coffee less acidic and provides much more flavour. This makes Starbucks Iced coffee a trendy drink among coffee lovers.
There are also different espresso-based iced coffees at Starbucks, and these are made with espresso shots, ice milk, and syrups. The Iced Cafe Americano is a famous example and is the iced version of the Americano. It contains an espresso shot topped with cold water and poured over ice cubes.
Another trendy Starbucks Iced Coffee is the Frappuccino which includes a special blend of instant coffee, various syrups, and sauces for flavour and everyone’s favourite…. whipping cream. Here the Frappuccino is totally different from a frappe as it uses brewed coffee while a Frappe uses instant coffee.
Additionally, Frappuccinos typically have less caffeine content than iced coffee and cold brews because they feature milk and cream.
What kind of Coffee does Starbucks use for its Iced Coffee recipe?
A traditional Starbucks Iced Coffee uses the Terraza Blend. It is a medium-roasted, pre-ground, pre-packed coffee and is their signature blend for iced coffee.
Apart from this brand they also usually use their Starbucks Kenya medium roast coffee, which has a well-balanced acidic flavour that is more accentuated when served cold.
For home brewing, Starbucks offers the Veranda Blend, a light-bodied South American coffee with hints of cocoa and lightly toasted nuts.
Preparing the Starbucks Iced Coffee at home.
As mentioned earlier in this article preparing iced coffee is relatively easy and takes very little time. Also, you may want to prepare coffee ice cubes beforehand instead of water ice cubed to retain that coffee flavour.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to prepare the Starbucks Iced coffee recipe at your home:
- First, prepare the coffee: Starbucks uses a unique blend they call Terraza Blend to make its Iced coffee base. You can also use the other brands mentioned above to make this coffee at your home. Depending on the type of coffee used the taste will also differ. If you cannot get your hands on any of the above brands, you can use any medium-roast coffee that you have. The first step is to brew the coffee a little stronger than you normally would. Starbucks uses twice the amount of grounds to brew their iced coffee producing a strong flavored coffee that gets undiluted by the ice cubes.
- Second, add the syrup: the next step would be to add syrup or flavoured syrup to sweeten the iced coffee and enjoy. Try to use light syrups that dissolve easily because it is a cold drink. Avoid using honey or sugar as they may not dissolve for the same reason. Alternatively, you can add sweeteners and flavours when the coffee is hot to dissolve faster.
- Thirdly, Add Ice cubes: The next step is to add the ice cubes. Here you can either put coffee ice cubes or normal water cubes. Put in as many ice cubes as necessary in your serving glass pour the coffee and stir. Alternatively, you can shake the coffee and ice with a shaker to make slush instead of stirring.
A few tips while preparing a Starbucks Iced Coffee recipe.
- Iced Coffee is a versatile drink and many people prefer to add milk, cream, or ice cream to sweeten the coffee. While you can use any milk variety and alternatives such as oat or almond milk, espresso-based iced coffee, such as iced lattes, tastes better with milk than pour over a coffee.
- Generally, traditional iced coffee uses ground coffee as the main ingredient. However, iced coffee, ice, sugar, and sometimes milk or cream. Additionally, Frappes are shaken, not stirred, which gives the beverage its creamy texture. On the other hand, Starbucks offers an instant Iced coffee blend that makes great-tasting cold coffee within seconds. The instant coffee blend is ideal for preparing various iced coffee recipes such as other Starbucks favourites such as Caramel Frozen Blended coffee.
- The trick to getting the full richness and flavour of the syrups or sauces you use is to make sure they are properly combined with all the other ingredients.
- Also since the summer is all about that iced coffee kick it is very important to add the syrup at the right stage, or it may not dissolve properly. We recommend mixing the syrup into the hot coffee and stirring it, before cooling it down with ice or milk.
- You can also add the syrups into the milk before you froth it.
Conclusion on Starbucks Iced Coffee Recipe
The Starbucks Iced Coffee Recipe is a worldwide favourite, prepared with several methods that vary from country to country. If you are a fan you should definitely try making it at home. Of course, to make it just like the original, you should use the coffee that Starbucks uses for its Iced coffee. Also, a few of them are also available easily on Amazon, just in case you need to make an order.
We know that you might not be able to treat yourself to this delectable treasure every day due to a shortage of time, but whenever you can, you should be sure to make a large cup. You will also have your friends begging you for the recipe if you decide to share your treat with them. We leave it up to you if you would like to let them in on your little secret.
You can also visit foodiewish.com for more food-related blogs.