Uniquely Delicious Jamaican Coffee Recipe. This dark coffee is quite a simple affair. All it requires is the right blend of coffee beans mixed together with some filtered water. Take a look at the recipe for this no-fuss beverage.
- 1. Jamaican Coffee Recipe
- 2. How to Make Authentic Jamaican Coffee at Home?
- 3. Jamaican Coffee Brownies with Pecans
Jamaican Coffee Recipe
Jamaica has the richest and most productive soil in the Caribbean. Rising 7,402 feet above sea level is Blue Mountain Peak. It is the highest spot in Jamaica. The mists and lush green vegetation give the peak of the Blue Mountains a greenish-blue tinge. These mountains are the world’s most popular origin where coffee grows. The soil here is not very productive and is derived from both metamorphic and igneous rocks.
It is low in many nutrients. It is difficult to know what factors exactly contribute to the exceptional taste of Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee. A certain amount of stress contributes to better coffee. Just like how the perfect wines come from vines grown in difficult conditions as well. Jamaican coffee Recipe has their own distinct flavour profile. This coffee really makes a difference and you should try it.
The History of Jamaican Coffee Recipe
In 1728, Sir Nicholas Lawes, then Governor of Jamaica, imported coffee into Jamaica from Martinique. Since this country was ideal for Coffee cultivation nine years after its introduction 83,000 lbs. of coffee was exported. Between 1728 and 1768, the coffee industry developed to a large extent in the foothills of St. Andrew, but gradually the cultivation extended into the Blue Mountains.
Since then, the industry has experienced many rises and falls, with some farmers abandoning coffee for livestock and other crops. Efforts were made to increase the production of coffee. In 1944 the government built a Central Coffee Clearing House where all coffee was cleaned and graded. In June 1950 the Coffee Industry Board was formed to officially raise and maintain the quality of coffee exported.
So what makes Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee so great?
Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee is Considered one of the most expensive coffees in the world. There are so many reasons why Jamaican coffee is so great. But it is important to be sure you get 100% Blue Mountain coffee. 100% Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee is exported by the Coffee Industry Board of Jamaica. The Board’s professionals also inspect each barrel for quality, checking the bean size and colour.
The climate in the Jamaica Blue Mountains is cooler than the rest of Jamaica. The long maturation has a very positive effect on the aroma and taste of the coffee produced from these trees.
The unique location and climate make this coffee so great. The area where Blue Mountain coffee is grown is high in the mountains. The mountains are 85% forest, which provides shade in which the coffee is grown. The altitude, forest cover, and climate provide the conditions for growing the perfect coffee in the world.
This smooth Arabica coffee is sweet-toned, easily had without additives, naturally exotic, and contains vitamins and nutrients. All its positive benefits make coffee great for daily consumption. Unlike most of the island, Blue Mountain experiences its own microclimate of cooler temperatures and afternoon rain, the ideal ingredients for ruby red coffee blossoms to grow. This mountain has also been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Processing Jamaican Coffee
It is very important that the coffee is picked when ripe, processed well, dried in good time, and rested in the right environment. This makes it a perfect balance between coffee and life. The perfect aroma and is 100% real. Due to the great effort taken, Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee is the most expensive in the world.
How to Make Authentic Jamaican Coffee at Home?
- Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee Beans
- Filtered Water
- Coffee grinder (conical burr recommended)
- Kitchen scale
- French press (or drip pot or percolator)
- Coffee mug
Method of preparation
- Grind the beans. (texture should be like kosher salt).
- Boil the filtered water.
- Put the grounds in the French press.
- Plunge and drink. When your timer goes off, plunge, pour, and enjoy!
Jamaican Coffee Recipe – Ingredients, Method of Preparation
- ¾ fluid ounce of dark rum
- ¾ fluid ounce coffee flavored liqueur
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- 1 chocolate-covered coffee bean
Method of Preparation
Pour rum and coffee liqueur into a decorative coffee glass. Fill the glass with hot coffee. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and garnish with a coffee bean.
Jamaican Coffee Brownies with Pecans
- 2 cups sugar
- 15 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons finely ground Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips (6 ounces)
- 6 tablespoons freshly brewed Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
- 30 thin strips of crystallized ginger
Method of Preparation
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine sugar, butter, cocoa, ground coffee, and salt in a large metal bowl. Place bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and whisk until butter melts and ingredients are blended (texture will be grainy). Remove bowl from over water; cool mixture to lukewarm if necessary. Whisk in eggs and vanilla. Sift flour over and fold in. Mix in pecans.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan. Bake brownies for about 25 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. Bring brewed coffee to a simmer in a small saucepan; pour over chips and stir until melted and smooth. Let ganache stand until cool and beginning to thicken, about 1 hour; spread evenly over brownies. Cut brownies into squares. Top each with 2 ginger strips.
Conclusion on Jamaican Coffee Recipe
A good Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee, despite how smooth and mild it tastes, releases a bright and vibrant yet smooth taste with no bitterness, and a bold yet sparkling aroma with a hint of floral notes and sweet herbal and nutty overtones.
This is the perfect beverage for you if you are someone who always has a busy day in the mornings. It is just a simple mix-up of two ingredients but you will love the energy that it provides you with. You can just grab and go with this one.
Also, you can foodiewish.com for more food-related blogs.