Looking for the coffee makers with removable water reservoirs? We were too. And, after browsing around Amazon for what felt like too many days, we were finally able to tell which coffee makers are the in this category.
It is a good thing that many coffee makers nowadays offer a removable water tank so that you don’t have to worry about water spillage anymore. You can easily remove the water tank and separately fill the water before reinstalling it. This way you can also protect the beans inside the coffee makers from accidentally getting soaked in the water.
- 1. 10 Coffee Makers With Removable Water Reservoir
- 1.1. 1. Ninja CF097 Coffee Bar with a removable water tank
- 1.2. 2. Russell Hobbs CM7000S 8 Cup Coffee maker with a removable water carafe
- 1.3. 3. Mr. Coffee Optimal Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker with a removable carafe
- 1.4. 4. Cuisinart SS-15P1 Programmable Coffee Maker with a removable carafe
- 1.5. 5. Capresso 498.05 MT900 Rapid Brew Coffee Maker
- 1.6. 6. Zojirushi EC-YTC100XB Coffee Maker with a detachable water reservoir
- 1.7. 7. Cuisinart DCC-300 Coffee-on-demand 12-Cup Programmable coffee maker with a removable water tank
- 1.8. 8. Ninja Coffee Bar Countertop Coffee Brewer
- 1.9. 9. Aicok Single Serve Coffee Maker
- 1.10. 10. Black + Decker 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker with a removable water reservoir
- 2. Coffee Maker With a Removable Water Reservoir – Detailed Guide
- 3. Closing Thoughts
10 Coffee Makers With Removable Water Reservoir
We spent some time researching and have listed out the 10 coffee makers with removable water reservoirs so that you don’t have to waste your precious time searching for them anywhere else on the internet!
1. Ninja CF097 Coffee Bar with a removable water tank
The Ninja Coffee Bar is an amazing coffee machine with several exciting features. This single-serve, glass carafe machine comes with hot and cold frothing features
Other features include a built-in frother, Thermal Flavor Extraction technology, Hot and cold Multi-Serve Tumbler, and several custom brews to add variety to your daily coffee.
The Thermal Flavor Extraction technology is an advanced feature that lets you enjoy the whole flavor of your ground coffee. This ensures you get the out of regular-looking coffee.
Ninja Coffee Bar’s Custom brews include the Specialty and Carte Forte. The Carte Forte ramps up what makes your coffee different from others while the Specialty brew helps you create rich, concentrated brews that go well with frothed milk.
With all these features, you’d expect this coffee maker to set you back a bit. It is pricey as a matter of fact. But if you want a product this good, shelling out the asking price shouldn’t be a problem.
- Can brew hot or cold coffee
- It has a built-in frother
- It is programmable for up to 6 different brew sizes
- Coffee remains fresh for a long time
- It can brew coffee fast
- Coffee doesn’t stay hot for long in the thermal carafe
- Cleaning the filter can take up too much time
- The single-cup mode doesn’t brew coffee optimally
2. Russell Hobbs CM7000S 8 Cup Coffee maker with a removable water carafe
The Russell Hobbs CM7000S 8 Cup Coffee Maker is a modern, sleekly designed coffee maker that should be a great addition to your kitchen appliances.
The removable tank coffee maker comes with a unique ‘Sneak-A-Cup’ feature and a ‘Keep warm function.’ It also has a 2-hour automatic shut-off and a removable brew basket for easy cleaning
Sneak-A-Cup is perfect if you can’t wait for a sip of your excellent coffee. With this feature, you can grab a cup before the machine hasn’t finished brewing.
You would also love the ‘Keep Warm’ that ensures hot coffee is always at hand when you are ready for it.
For a simple and basic coffee maker, you might balk at the price. But then, simplicity can be the good one if you love an uncluttered, uncomplicated life. Besides, it is so cute.
- It brews coffee fast
- Makes excellent coffee
- It is easy to clean
- Keeps coffee warm for long
- The auto-shutoff is great as a safety option
- The coating on the heating plate wears off easily
3. Mr. Coffee Optimal Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker with a removable carafe
The Optimal Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker from Mr. Coffee is a sturdily designed, practical coffee maker.
That said, it also features some of the latest in coffee maker technology. Some of these include a ‘Delay Brew’ function, Gold Tona e permanent filter, scalding hot brewing temperature, and a ‘Pause and Serve’ function among others.
The Delay Brew lets you program the machine to brew ahead and have a cup waiting when you want. Combined with the ‘Freshness Timer’ your coffee is guaranteed to be optimally fresh all day long.
The bother of replacing the filter is eliminated with the Gold Tone filter. This is a permanent filter that would remove 97% of chlorine in the water to make your brew taste considerably better.
For a coffee maker with so many features, this machine punches above its weight in terms of price. It’s relatively cheap when placed side by side with similar products.
- Brews coffee up to 20% faster
- Richer-tasting coffee due to very high brew temperature
- Has auto-shutoff
- Easy-to-clean filter basket and water tank
- Stainless steel thermal carafe
- No hinge on the lid of the water reservoir
- Loud beeper
4. Cuisinart SS-15P1 Programmable Coffee Maker with a removable carafe
The Cuisinart 12-Cup Glass Carafe Coffee Center with Single Cup Brewer takes the guesswork out of brewing perfect coffee every time. Whether you want to brew a full pot or simply enjoy a single cup, this coffeemaker has got you covered. With two separate reservoirs – one for brewing and one for serving, the Cuisinart SS-15P1 offers versatility that’s unparalleled in its category.
This 12-cup coffeemaker’s glass carafe with a stainless steel handle from Cuisinart makes for easy pouring anywhere. The stainless steel handle is durable to endure the coffee warmer and bright enough for visibility at home or work. Features like Brew Strength Control, Gold-tone filter, and BPA-free material ensure nothing will distract from the pure taste of what you see brewing. How many cups do you need today?
Six maybe eight maybe ten ounces go inside this sleek machine powered by Cuisinart ingenuity to make it both quick and convenient. Stay caffeinated with an insulated thermal carafe full of either six thermally sealed cups for long hours or stay energized with your very own exclusive Cuisinart Home Barista Reusable Filter Cup which fits right in place!
- Two separate reservoirs
- It is sturdy and durable
- Large capacity; up to 12 cups
- Easy to program to your needs (only the 12-cup pot side)
- The carafe can’t be drained entirely due to a plastic ring around the rim
- The single-serve cup side is not programmable
5. Capresso 498.05 MT900 Rapid Brew Coffee Maker
Add a shiny, sleek, stainless steel coffee maker to your countertop with Capresso’s 498.05 MT900 coffee maker. Capable of brewing 10 cups, this removable water tank machine can give you a rich, less bitter coffee in less than 7 minutes.
The unit comes with a reusable gold-tone filter, stainless steel vacuum thermal carafe, programmable clock, and timer. The 50-oz water tank means making coffee for a group wouldn’t be a repetitive choir.
The stainless steel heating system ensures water never comes in contact with the aluminium making it rust or corrosion-free. This also guarantees coffee brewing at the optimal temperature.
An extra-large-sized shower head unit ensures the coffee grounds are saturated evenly. The result of this is an almost perfect flavour extraction for each cup of coffee you make.
Compared to similar products, the Capresso 498.05 MT900 Rapid Brew would cost you quite a bit. You would be getting a stainless steel coffee maker that works brilliantly though.
- Beautiful sleek design and sturdy
- Brews coffee very fast
- No need for paper filters
- It is straightforward to use
- Programmable timer to set brew periods
- It doesn’t beep a reminder after brewing
- Very noisy during the brewing
6. Zojirushi EC-YTC100XB Coffee Maker with a detachable water reservoir
The EC-YTC100XB coffee maker from Zojirushi announces its class and pedigree in a sleek black and stainless steel design. The machine brews excellent coffee at an optimal 200°F while the stainless steel carafe makes sure it stays hot for a long time.
It comes with a removable tank that is quite easy to remove making the filling with water and cleaning a breeze.
Other unique features include a pre-infusion cycle, steel mesh coffee filter, vacuum-insulated stainless steel carafe, and a time-saver mode.
In a hurry to get somewhere or running late for a meeting? The time-saver is there to deliver your coffee piping hot by reducing brewing time.
The functionality for brewing iced coffee stands it apart from other coffee makers. It can adjust the coffee-water ratio to ensure your brew is just perfect when ice is added.
If you think the previous coffee maker was a bit steep, you’d better be prepared to go higher in terms of price with this one. But, with all the excellent features, it would turn out to be money well spent.
- Permanent, reusable mesh filter
- The swing basket and filter are easy to access for cleaning
- Keeps coffee hot for a long with vacuum insulated stainless steel carafe
- Properly moisturizes coffee ground before brewing
- Strong and durably-designed
- The coffee maker is not as good as the previous models
- The brewing temperature is a bit of a disappointment
7. Cuisinart DCC-300 Coffee-on-demand 12-Cup Programmable coffee maker with a removable water tank
One of the well-known single-serve coffee makers there is. Cuisinart’s DCC-300 is a simple-to-use coffee maker with a removable water reservoir. The reservoir is double-walled to keep the water hot and ready for brewing hot coffee at any time.
A charcoal-based water filter is incorporated into the unit. Other unique features are a gold-tone filter, a drip tray plate, and a coffee gauge.
Also worth mentioning are the clean setting prompt, dispenser lever, showerhead, and backup functionality in case of power loss.
To keep the coffee maker in a pristine state for as long as possible, the ‘clean setting’ prompts you to clean the coffee maker when it is time.
You’d also love the charcoal-based filter. It’s an environmentally-friendly feature that removes bad taste, odors, and chlorine from tap water before brewing and dispensing your coffee.
Cuisinart’s DCC-300 is the sort of coffee maker to purchase if you don’t have enough spare cash to buy the other costlier brands. The relatively cheaper unit doesn’t compromise on quality though.
- Responsive customer service
- It is programmable
- The brewing time can be adjusted in advance
- Simple design and easy to use
- 60 seconds of power-loss protection to save programmed settings
- The front gauge shows the number of coffee cups left
- The complicated design of the coffee holder makes it hard to clean
- Many complaints about malfunction from users
8. Ninja Coffee Bar Countertop Coffee Brewer
This coffee maker from Ninja is suitable for your kitchen, a coffee bar, and any place in between. The multi-serve coffee maker with a removable water tank is big enough to match any occasion. And you And also use it as a single-serve coffee maker if you only want one cup of coffee, really quickly. Just remove the carafe and place your cup under the dripper.
It has a dial to choose the type of cup you or anybody wants from a simple cup to a travel mug. The thermal carafe unit also comes with a thermal flavour extraction function that lets users, by simply using a dial, choose the kind of coffee flavour they want.
Some standout features include the easy control panel, stainless steel carafe, gold-tone filter, auto-shutoff, and ‘auto IQ one-touch’ intelligence system.
The ‘auto IQ one-touch’ intelligence ensures only the right amount of water is used for your grounds. That way you never get to drink watery or too bitter coffee.
The brew-type settings on the easy control panel give you four different flavors of coffee depending on your choice. For instance, specialty brew is a rich, concentrated brew in the style of classic coffee houses or bars.
Compared to the previous brands featured here, this Ninja model ranks in the higher price range. That is not surprising considering the size, features, and functionalities.
- The Control panel is easy to understand
- Specialty brew makes the highest concentration of coffee
- Stainless steel carafe improves durability
- Automatic shut-off function is a good safety feature
- Beautifully designed coffee maker
- Relatively expensive
- No heating plate to keep coffee hot for long
9. Aicok Single Serve Coffee Maker
The Aicok Single Serve Coffee maker is the go-to unit if you want something lightweight to make coffee on your travels. The coffee maker with a detachable water tank is also handy to have beside your bedside or on your office table.
It is a plastic coffee maker with a simple design structure that includes a wider spout, removable drip tray, 12 oz water reservoir, and an auto-shutoff feature.
Though it looks small, the water reservoir can give up to five regular cups of brew. It is also easy to remove and refill with water or to clean.
The dial is easy to get the hang of in keeping with the simplicity of this coffee maker. It has a one-touch button to indicate when coffee is brewing and shuts off automatically when it is done brewing.
This simple coffee maker put a relatively smaller dent in your credit/debit card. Comparatively, it is about the cheapest of the lot featured here. That shouldn’t detract from the fact it is a good basic coffee maker.
- Simple and very easy to use
- A very portable unit
- Impressive 24 months warranty
- Relatively cheap
- It is very durable
- Too low for decent-sized cups or mugs to fit in
- Would have done with a couple more features
10. Black + Decker 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker with a removable water reservoir
Like all the products featured here, the Black + Decker Programmable coffee maker is sleek and well-designed with a removable water tank. And like a modern coffee maker, it is easily programmed to set brew times and activate the auto brew feature.
It comes with a brew strength function to aid you to customize your brews depending on how strong you want them.
Other features are the ‘Evenstream’ showerhead, auto clean system, and the ‘Perfect Pour Carafe.’
The Perfect Pour Carafe ensures your brewed coffee doesn’t spill on your countertop while dispensing coffee or drip coffee after you have removed your mug. That saves a lot of time in constantly cleaning up.
The ‘Auto Clean’ feature is precisely what you need from a decent coffee maker. It is an efficient self-cleaning feature that removes mineral buildup in the unit.
And guess what? It is the cheapest coffee maker in the lot featured here. Good thing though, this is one time you get a decent product at a bargain price.
- The water tank has clear level markings
- The carafe plate keeps coffee hot for up to 2 hours
- Has an auto-shutoff feature for safety
- The filter basket is easy to clean
- Not costly
- The glass Carafe is sturdy
- Makes too much noise
- Takes time to brew a full pot
- Does not keep coffee hot all-day
Coffee Maker With a Removable Water Reservoir – Detailed Guide
If you love your coffee, there is a high chance you have a coffee maker either at home or at the office. You know how very convenient coffee makers with removable water tanks are to have around. They are life-save life savers situations especially when you need a nice brew ASAP. If so, your option is to get a removable water reservoir coffee maker.
Here is the thing though, if you don’t have a coffee maker with a removable water tank, you are missing out on a lot. Just think about all the good a coffee machine with a detachable water tank can do.
In the first place, having a coffee maker with a removable water tank offers a lot of flexibility as far as refilling the water tank goes. You simply remove the water tank and fill it up with water. You don’t have to take the coffee machine with you.
Also, with this type of coffee maker, you avoid the problem of the coffee grind getting into the reservoir. That happens a lot with fixed water reservoirs.
And of course, cleaning the water reservoir becomes a whole lot less stressful since you can detach it from your coffee machine.
Like most products, coffee makers come in various shapes and sizes. It could be daunting to choose a good one from so many sleek-looking products on sale.
This would make life easier when you decide to purchase one or upgrade to a better one.
There you have it, ten good coffee makers with a removable water tank that should give you to brew at any time of the day. Once you’ve tried coffee makers with detachable tanks, you’d wonder why you never cottoned on to them sooner.
It is essential that before you make your purchase, make sure the model or brand has the features you want.
Getting a defective product or something you never bargained for is no fun at all. Shipping the product back can add extra expenses, and there is no guarantee the replacement would be good enough. That is assuming the manufacturer bothers to give you the time of day.
At the end of the day, what joy you derive from your coffee maker might rest on the extra effort you put into researching the product before ordering them.
Hi there! Such a wonderful article, thank you!
[…] regardless of your budget. The features you should look out for include a large water reservoir (check your options here), a programmable coffee maker, brew strength options, and an auto-shutoff […]
[…] always whip a cup for you. It only requires a cheap handheld milk frother, some coffee beans, and a coffee maker. And you’ve got yourself a lovely cup of your favorite drink. In case you are a go-getter who […]
[…] can’t help but love a coffee maker that gives you the option of choosing if you want your coffee very strong or just […]
Amazing article. Thanks for sharing this with us.
[…] recommended 195-205 degrees Fahrenheit. The bigger challenge is maintaining the said temperature as the coffee brews, and I believe the Zojirushi 10 cup coffee maker is successful in that category as […]
I’d like to see how each of the water resovoirs are removed; front, top, or behind. How much space is required to fill / use it? We have a specific amount if space for a unit and don’t want to move it to use it.