Protein Coffee Recipe
Well, you will all agree when I say that Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. No matter how busy we are, what our work schedule is like, or what’s planned for our day, we should always start the day with a good heavy, and healthy breakfast. But most of the time due to our busy schedule or our lack of time especially with kids and juggling between rushing them to school and trying to be on time for work we tend to skip or just gulp down half our breakfast.
When this is the situation the perfect is to make a quick mug of your favorite protein coffee.
A Protein Coffee recipe is a quick and easiest way to have a good hearty and healthy meal and keeps you full and energetic right up till lunch.
Let us see how you make a Protein Coffee. Here you will have two variations: A hot Protein Coffee Recipe and a cold Protein coffee recipe.
Hot Protein Coffee Recipe
To make a good protein coffee, you need a spoon, a coffee maker, and a large coffee mug.
- 1 cup coffee
- 1-2 scoops protein powder
- Milk and sugar to taste.
- Gather all your ingredients: keep all your ingredients ready before you start with the recipe.
- Brew your coffee: Brew your coffee like you normally would.
- Add 1-2 spoons of protein powder: Chocolate is the safest flavor to mix. However, you can choose your flavor but make sure it goes nicely with coffee. Using chocolate can give you a soothing Mocha. Use 2 scoops so you are convinced that you have consumed enough calories.
- Stir vigorously: Depending on which protein powders you are using make sure to stir vigorously so you are left with zero chucks. Make sure all of the powder has dissolved in the coffee.
- Add sugar and milk: Finally, add your milk and sugar. However, just have a taste before adding sugar because of the flavor being used before.
Cold Protein Coffee Recipe
- 1 cup coffee
- 1-2 scoops protein powder
- Milk and sugar for taste
If you have time you can use your imagination and experiment with this recipe.
- Brew one cup of coffee and let it cool: brew your coffee as you normally would and let it cool down so that you can pour it over the ice. You don’t want the ice to melt quickly.
- Get creative: This is the step where you could experiment and go crazy with your imagination. A simple one would be to add a frozen banana and a teaspoon of peanut butter.
- Blend: blend together the chilled coffee, 1-2 scoops of protein powder Ice, and any extra ingredients that you want to use in the blender. Blend this until the texture is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Since you are using ice here one tip would be to use a stronger coffee, since the ice dilutes the coffee a bit. Add an extra 1- 2 tablespoons of coffee to counteract the ice and make sure your protein coffee does taste like coffee.
- It can be a huge task to mix the protein powder evenly without any chucks or lumps. A simple tip would be to use a slightly larger mug than a regular coffee cup. This would help while stirring and also help to avoid spiling.
- Choose a protein powder with a flavor that goes well with coffee. The safest option is chocolate.
- Before adding ice to the coffee allow the coffee to cool down properly first.
Protein Iced Coffee Recipe
Making a protein iced coffee recipe is the simplest and easiest recipe.
- 8 OZ cold brew coffee
- 3 tablespoons protein powder chocolate, vanilla caramel r to your taste.
- 1 cup of ice.
- First, gather all the ingredients together.
- Mix all the ingredients together, in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake up for 5-10 seconds, pour, and serve.
Protein Powder Coffee Recipe
Another way to make your protein coffee is the simplest protein coffee recipe in form of the powder. It’s easy, simple, has few ingredients, and does not require any extra strength or equipment to make it.
Here your taste and texture all depend on the type of ordered protein you will use.
- Add your brewed coffee to your blender.
- Add a scoop of protein powder. Blend for about 30 seconds until the protein powder is dissolved and the coffee looks foamy and has a frothy texture.
- Pour this into your coffee mug, add cream if needed, and drink up.
- Always use a blender while making a protein coffee recipe in front of the powder.
- The blender is the safest and helps with the frothing and also helps dissolve the protein powder in the coffee.
- You could use a cocktail shaker but this would take more time and effort. Also while shaking the mix in the shaker be careful as the mix tends to explode and this could be very very messy. which would not be a very good idea especially if you are running late for work. So one small tip is that if using a cocktail shaker make sure to give it a break after a few seconds.
- In this recipe, you can use any protein powder plant-based or whey.
- However, remember when using an egg protein powder it causes your coffee to have a different texture and consistency.
- The nutritional content here largely depends on the protein powder being used to make your coffee.
Making a protein coffee is a very healthy breakfast. Just a quick protein coffee recipe, if you are running late, can give you a full breakfast and keep you full and energetic right up to lunchtime. This in turn helps you avoid a mid-morning junk snack. You can also play around with these recipes and try out new flavors. However, make sure the flavors you use go well with your coffee.
Also, remember while making a cold coffee always remember to use a stronger coffee as the ice dissolves in the coffee causing the taste to be a lot less. You can also use coffee ice cubes while making these cold coffee recipes.
You can also check:
You can also visit foodiewish.com for more food-related blogs.